INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites, we may automatically collect your location, computer operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Sites. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as:
- Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell whether you open an email and act upon it.
Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Sites for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or otherwise in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- make and change your restaurant reservations made through our Sites;
- offer you, or provide you with, products and services, such as Deals and Promo Codes
- email Deals and Promo Codes to designated recipients;
- operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalise, and customise your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products, and services, such as understanding your dining history to make recommendations about other restaurants you may like;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- display relevant advertising;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Togo, our subsidiaries, and affiliates; select restaurants; and our other selected partners;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- authenticate your credit or debit card account information; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity.
By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive text messages from restaurants you use relating to their product and services at that number.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information Shared With Restaurants
When you make a restaurant reservation through our Sites, your information is provided to us and to the restaurants with whom you choose to reserve. In order to facilitate your reservation, your information is provided to that restaurant, just as it would if you made a reservation by calling the restaurant, emailing the restaurant, or using the restaurant’s website. If you provide a mobile phone number, restaurants may send you text messages regarding your reservation. Some restaurants also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your reservation. When you make a restaurant reservation through our Sites and/or make a payment to a restaurant through our Sites, we may also share with the restaurants additional information, such as information about your dining preferences and history or information that we collect via Third-Party Platforms. You also have the option of indicating special preferences or providing comments about your reservation that Togo will pass on to that restaurant.
We may share with restaurants summary reports of feedback from diners. If you provide comments about a restaurant through our Sites, these comments may be shared with that restaurant. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but a restaurant may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information, such as an email address.
Information you choose to share with a restaurant when you make a reservation and/or pay a restaurant through our Sites may be used by the restaurant for its own purposes. Togo does not control, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of restaurants. Please contact the restaurant directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
Payment Card Information
For your peace of mind and security Paypal is the merchant used to handle all card payments and no card details or account details are saved, recorded or retained by Togo.
Information You Share Socially
Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Sites may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which Togo has a presence.
Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Togo also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
Sharing with Others
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
- We may share personal information when you authorise us to share your information with other third parties (such as the restaurants at which you make reservations through our Sites) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties.
- We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us. Such third-party vendors may include vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties.
- We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Sites.
- We share personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
- We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Togo takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
To be clear, Togo does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Togo or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Togo account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorised the instructions.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Togo by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Togo account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
Cookie choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
Application location choices. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Togo may update or revise this Policy from time to time. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our Sites. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our Sites.